While the pace of Metaverse is debatable and adoption is difficult to predict, we know that it is coming. With the Metaverse will come the need for corporations to better govern various aspects of their participation in the Metaverse. Undoubtedly the evolution will affect internal processes, business dealings, case strategy, and more.
The Keynote titled "Metaverse Strides in the Business World: How Corporations are Governing in a Vacuum" was presented by Andrea Bonime-Blanc during the Metaverse Safety Week. The Keynote highlighted the need for corporations to better govern various aspects of their participation in the Metaverse, including internal processes, business dealings, and case strategy.
The Keynote also discussed the challenges and opportunities presented by the Metaverse, including the need for pragmatic policy decision-making and governance to ensure responsibility, safety, and inclusion. Bonime-Blanc emphasized the importance of protecting consumer protection, privacy, human rights, global citizen protections, and societal resilience in the Metaverse.
The Keynote made several recommendations for corporations and policymakers to ensure the trustworthy development of the Metaverse, including collaborating with stakeholders, setting standards and regulations, and embracing responsible innovation.
The keynote discussed several key ideas and insights related to the Metaverse and its impact on the business world. Here are some of the main points:
- The Metaverse is coming: The keynote emphasized that the Metaverse is inevitable, and businesses need to start preparing for its arrival.
- The need for governance: With the Metaverse will come the need for corporations to better govern various aspects of their participation in the Metaverse. This includes issues related to internal processes, business dealings, case strategy, and more.
- Metaverse safety: The keynote highlighted the need for pragmatic policy decision-making and governance to help build responsibility, safety, and inclusion for the convergence and threats we are confronting. This includes ensuring consumer protection, privacy, human rights, global citizen protections, and societal resilience are upheld.
- Corporate responsibility: The speaker stressed the importance of corporate responsibility in the Metaverse, and the need for businesses to consider the impact of their actions on users and society as a whole.
- The role of regulation: The keynote discussed the role of regulation in the Metaverse, and how it can help ensure that businesses are acting in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Collaboration and partnership: The keynote emphasized the need for collaboration and partnership between businesses, government, and civil society to ensure that the Metaverse is developed in a responsible and inclusive way.
- Business opportunities: The speaker also highlighted the potential business opportunities that the Metaverse presents, and how businesses can leverage these opportunities while also acting responsibly.
Overall, the keynote provided valuable insights and recommendations for businesses and policymakers as they navigate the emerging Metaverse landscape.